Premises and a proposed conclusion:
1. "Loving the City" is Tim Keller's prime motivation in his mission work in New York City.
2. Tim Keller has nothing publicly to say about politics. On principle, he maintains.
3. Tim Keller's city just elected a new mayor: Bill deBlasio.
4. DeBlasio promised, in black and white, on his own campaign website, that if elected he would seek to overturn NYC's regulatory scheme for "sham crisis pregnancy centers" and craft new regulations to "prevent these centers from masquerading as legitimate healthcare providers." In other words: No crisis pregnancy centers in NYC.
5. DeBlasio additionally promised to "identify neighborhoods underserved by reproductive health services and work with them to identify space in city sponsored development. " In other words: More abortion clinics in poor neighborhoods, on the city's property and dime.
6. "Of the 208,541 pregnancies in New York City in 2010, 83,750 were terminated by abortion: 4 in 10. Among non-Hispanic blacks, there were 38,574 abortions and 26,635 live births: thus for every 1,000 African-American babies born, 1,448 were aborted. Those numbers were even more chilling among non-Hispanic black teenagers: for every 1,000 African-American babies born to teenagers, 2,630 were aborted. The overall teenage abortion rate was 63 percent in a city where 16 percent of all pregnancies were teen pregnancies." [Source]
Conclusion: Keller & Co., your city is in the hands of an ideologue committed to actual legal genocide against the poor and minorities. Have you mustered up a sermon or two? Did you have anything to say to your fellow citizens about electing this gentleman? I hope so, but based on past performance, I sadly doubt it.
I plead with you. It is time for the political agnosticism charade to end.