Here are some highlights from my Twitter feed this week.
1. Jonathan Last wrote a fascinating piece on one of the great demographic challenges facing America. We are becoming a nation of singles. On that note, you can check out and pre-order his brilliantly titled forthcoming book, What To Expect When No One's Expecting.
2. Legendary sportscaster Bob Costas got into some hot water when he went on an anti-gun tirade on Sunday Night Football. Ed Morrissey explains that the anti-gun rant was not the problem.
3. In response to Costas, I tweeted:
One of my better ones. At least I thought it was clever, anyway...
4. Sibling rivalry starts early. Very early.
5. Last Sunday night the Mrs. and I watched the Colgate Comedy Hour on Netflix, hosted by Abbot & Costello. It was great fun. They began, of course, with "Who's On First?" A classic that never gets old. Joe Posnanski has now added his own twist to the routine.
6. John Frame's meditation on the Incarnation is well worth the read.
7. Did you know that all the essays in Theodore Dalrymple's Not With a Bang, But a Whimper: The Politics and Culture of Decline are on the web for free? Kevin Bywater has collected them for you. Or you could just do what I did and spend the $4.40 for the Kindle version.
8. Doug Wilson wrote an interesting review of what looks like an interesting book on organic food.
9. The folks responsible for the new Les Miserables film have released five new clips. All of which are awesome.
10. Oh, in case you missed it, I've got a new webcast show coming soon.
Okay, so I'm kind of a nerdy 80's kid, and have a very soft spot in my heart for Michael Sweet and the boys of Stryper. Here's some holiday cheer, Stryper-style!